Best iPhone Poker in America
Poker was first enjoyed in the frontier towns of the United States, so it makes sense that it is still very popular in land-based, online and mobile casino playing rooms. Its unique combination of chance, game theory and instinct is irresistible to the shrewd and savvy players of today. Playing on the iPhone is a really special experience, and is one of the best ways to enjoy this fantastic game. We have reviewed all the best sites to visit using this handset, but before you check these out read our basic guidelines to the game below.
Basics of iPhone Poker
The game really comes to life with the touchscreen of the iPhone. At the start of each round, players are dealt five cards. After considering your hand, you need to take an action based on whether you think it will win the round. When it is your turn you can Check if no bet has yet been made, which means you can stay playing without having to place a bet. If a wager has already been made by another player you must match or raise it, or Fold and forfeit the hand. All the money from the bets is placed in one winning pool. At the end of the round all players’ hands are revealed and the winner is determined by the hand rankings below. The collected pot goes to the player with the winning hand.
- Royal Flush: the 10 to the Ace cards, of the same suit
- Straight Flush: any 5 cards of one suit in sequence
- Four of a Kind: four cards of the same rank plus one other
- Full House: two cards of one rank and three of another, like 2-2-J-J-J
- Straight: five cards in sequence which are not all of one suit
- Three of a Kind: three cards of the same rank with two unmatched others
- Two Pair: two card pairings of the same rank with one other card
- One Pair: one card pairing of the same rank with three unmatched others
- High Card: this is the lowest viable hand and has five unmatched cards. It is always named for its highest card, so a 4-7-8 10-Q combination would be a Queen High
The allure of Poker is the way every player influence the overall outcome and every other player by their behaviour and the bets that they place, and reading these tells, making your own wagers well and not giving anything away are the real skills of the game.
Playing iPhone Online Poker
When you are enjoying Poker at one of the fantastic online casinos in America, you can’t use the traditional physical tells and you will have the enjoyable challenge of learning to read your fellow players’ digital tells. The sites that we review provide great resources for developing these skills and many others, and there are also several online applications that target specific areas you may want to work on. You can also play for free without making a deposit, so you can practice for many invaluable hours.
Discover Great Fun with Online Poker
Playing Poker on your iPhone is a smooth and immersive experience and means you can develop your skill and enjoy your winnings from wherever you are. With the sites that we review, you can be sure of a quality experience every time.